Monday, April 27, 2009

Coloring Easter Eggs - 2009

On Saturday April 11th I had the opportunity to have both of my grandchildren at home. Since this was the day before Easter we decided to color eggs. The plan was to get the eggs ready for the day after when everyone was coming over for Easter Dinner.

The first order of business was to get everything ready so I told Dan to take the children downstairs while I got ready. I set up all the colors, I had a wire egg picker for each kid and I had a dozen eggs. I was pretty pleased with myself and felt ready to go. So, I called in the kids to come upstairs.

Immediately, I sat them in their chairs and Jasmine asks: Abuela, don't you have a magic pen? (She meant the wax crayon that comes with the kit). Before I could answer, Dan says: Of Course we do! Honestly, I did not know what I had done with it so Dan starts looking for this crayon thingie. He was bewildered and started asking me questions. I got distracted and Roman took the opportunity to pick up the yellow tub and while trying to drink it (he didn't succeed of course), the color spilled all over him! He turned yellow and looked like he had jondas!

At this point I was not very pleased with my husband and promptly asked him to stop looking for the crayon and told Jasmine I was very sorry but I didn't have the magic pen.

I made more yellow and we had a lot of fun after that.



Jasmine was quite the expert. Roman being younger required more help. Since we didn't have a magic crayon we decided to put stickers on the eggs. They turned out very cute!











1 comment:

The Tones of the Zarcone's said...

Goodness Roman is so cute! He is getting so big!