Friday, March 27, 2009

More Epcot Center and Daytona - Days 6 through 8

The pictures in this post are chronologically incorrect. Since I am new to blogging and adding pictures I guess I did it wrong. Anyway, we had a great time at Epcot Center. We were able to see many of the attractions there. I uploaded a video of the Singers at the USA pavillion. They were an amazing a capella group. Of course, it is expected that they are good, but they were also a lot of fun. The conductor reminded me of my Optometrist. It was a lot of fun.



On Wednesday we left to Daytona. We had a hotel room on the 11th floor overlooking the ocean. It was great. Daytona is a party town where high school and college kids were spending their beach week at. Everyone looked so young that I really felt old.



The big thing we did at Daytona was to visit the track. In the entrance to the Daytona Experience (museaum, entertainment center) they have statues of Dale Earheart Sr. and Bill France with his wife. Bill France was the creator of the Daytona 500.











We were able to visit the museum there, Dad and I used the simulators to race with each other. They also gave us a tour of the actual track and had our picture taken at Victory Lane. It was a great experience and helped me better understand the sport.







Below we are in Victory lane. They do not allow you to go to the Grand Stand but the picture was taken next to it.





The pictures below are still at Epcot. This one is in China. Very impressive. They had a fantastic movie. It made me want to go there.







More Epcot









No comments: